Why Aloe Vera Is Our Hydrating Skincare Saviour

After a gruelling testing session (it’s a hard job but someone’s gotta do it), we can confirm this little pot of magic is indeed a brilliant hydrator.
As someone who suffers with dry skin, I’ve come to expect thick, unctuous textures prescribed for my skin type, begrudgingly slathering endless cold-cream iterations onto my tight, parched complexion. So the lightweight gel-cream texture of Moisture Surge was a welcome surprise. When applied in lieu of my usual moisturiser, the absorption rate was also impressive; it sank right in without leaving a tacky, clammy feeling across my T-zone.
So did it deliver during the UK’s recent slew of snow days? Despite dashing around the city in sub-zero temperatures, my skin did feel sufficiently hydrated until evening, and the flaky patches that usually appear on my nose noticeably decreased. Aloe, it seems, holds up just as well in brutally cold weather as it does in blistering sun.

But while aloe vera may be the star of the show, there’s a host of clever ingredients playing vital supporting roles, too. A hit of hyaluronic acid works on the surface layers of the skin, sealing the good stuff deeper into the epidermis while increasing hydration by up to 152%. Plus, a shot of caffeine provides more energy than your morning flat white, helping to keep that internal water pump working at peak capacity.

And the benefits don’t stop there. I also used it as a face mask before a night out, which helped my makeup sit more smoothly, and as an emergency saviour for cracked cuticles and elbows. Sometimes, skincare’s most impressive ingredients are under our noses the whole time.

Post a Comment

0 Comments